The beauty of this “recipe,” is that it’s hardly a recipe. That might sound like it doesn’t make any sense, but the truth is, this is just that easy.
Thanks to the Jay Kordich PowerGrind Pro juicer, I’ve been able to make smoothies in no time at all. Deliciously healthy and natural treats.
We’ve tried a couple varieties, but the stand-out to date was a Strawberry Pineapple Orange.
Ingredients? Just like it sounds – strawberries, oranges and pineapple. Oh and ice. All you need is a blender and juicer, and you’re steps away from a homemade smoothie.
In case you still need more detail, here you go..
What you’ll need:
Note: I prefer not to use any dairy in my smoothies
- Oranges, peeled (6-8) (while the white pith or rind under the skin surrounding the flesh is bitter, it contains high levels of fiber, anti-cancer agents and important bioflavonoids (an antioxidant), so consider leaving some on)
- 1 Pineapple in chunks or pieces
- 1 lb strawberries (destemmed and cleaned)
- Juice each fruit separately according to juicer directions; set aside
- After each fruit is juiced, add equal parts to a blender and blend with ice
With no added sugar or dairy, this is a light, refreshing and great treat to pack in nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins into your day.