I’ve been making quite a bit of pasta lately. Not only have I had a lot of great ingredients on hand, but pasta is a quick dinner fix on week nights. It’s one of those foods that is fun to get creative with–there are no limitations if you ask me. From different sauces, to veggies, to seafood and meats, you’re likely to have something to spice up a pasta dish.
Recently, Allen’s sent me a couple samples of its Popeye Spinach for review. I don’t traditionally buy canned spinach, so I was interested to give it a shot. Combined with a few other ingredients, it made for a delicious pasta recipe!
What you need:
- 2 servings of whole wheat pasta; I love Wegmans’ Super Pasta
- 1/2 cup Popeye Spinach canned
- 2 tbsps Bella San Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves (I’m officially obsessed with Bella San Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes and I’ve been using them in and on everything.)
- 1 tbsp chopped sun dried tomatoes (your standard dried version)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp Pecorino Romano Cheese (plus extra for serving)
- Combine spinach, sun dried tomato halves and garlic in food processor
- Add 1 tbsp Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat spinach pesto mixture in a pan; once heated toss in pasta and chopped sun dried tomatoes
- Serve with extra cheese and enjoy!